GUEST HOUSE RULES & CONDITIONS
– Normal Check In time starts at 14h00, but every effort will be made to accommodate earlier or later Check Ins (if arranged in advance). It is however, to drop off luggage prior to Check In if desired.
– Checkout time is before midday. Please tell us in advance if you require a later Checkout and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
Room keys on arrival
– During normal working hours the keys will be handed over to the guest after payment and administration. Special arrangements for key collection must be made for late arrivals.
Room keys on departure
– Please leave the room keys on the kitchen table. Guests do not have to lock the door on departure. However please close the door completely when leaving.
Room keys during long term stay
– Long term stay over guests must lock their rooms on their way out and keep their set of keys for the duration of stay.
Lost key or damage to locks
– The cost for replacement of lost room keys or damaged locks is applicable and a total amount of R350 will charged and paid immediately.
– Smoking is completely forbidden inside the house.
– Smoking is permitted outside the house, please use the ashtrays placed in the yard and barbecue area.
– There will be no refunds for early departures, for breakdowns of air conditioner, heater, appliances, etc, if said breakdown is due to weather and /or other conditions over which the house owner has no control.
– Please do not use flammables for heating, cooking or the like, irons candles, etc, in the guest room or corridors without the consent of the GuestHouse owner.
– Cooking, eating and storing food in the rooms is not allowed.
– Please do not use guest rooms for business activities or for any purposes other than accommodation use, without the consent of the GuestHouse owner.
Valuables, security and storage
The management is not responsible for lost items. Please lock the doors when you leave.
– Although the guesthouse management takes responsibles steps to ensure the safety and security of all guests and their possessions, guests retain final responsability for their own safety and security.
– Parking is available free of charge for all house guests. Do not park in the way of the electrical motorized gate when in a fully open or half way open position as it closes automatically after a few seconds.
– Do not leave any valuables inside your car while it is parked. The Pelican Accommodation cannot accept responsability for the loss or theft of any such articles while your car is parked.
– No cigarette buds, cotton buds, tampons, sanitary pads or any other material, other than toilet paper may be flushed down the toilet. Charges will occur for any blockage.
– Guests have no access to rooms and areas marked “STAFF”.
The living room, dinning room, kitchen, swimming pool and barbecue are common areas of the house and guests are encouraged to use them to their need or recreation, nevertheless there are some rules to abide by:
THE LIVING ROOM
– Guests are allowed to use this common area and its appliances i.e. Smart TV
– Should be kept as you’ve found it neat and tidy. If by any chance you notice any dirt please inform the owner.
– Avoid making noise or disturbing the other house guests, musical instruments, radios, televisions, stereos, and/or any other source of amplified sound shall be played at a volume that shall not disturb or annoy other guests we shall pay particular attention to limiting noise between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. , we also request the guests to restrain from making any noise outside the building, in the garden or directly in front of the building.
THE DINNING ROOM
– Please use this common area to have your meals, preparation and cooking should be conducted in the kitchen area.
– Refrigerator and freezer door should be closed properly .Freezer shall not be over-packed so that sufficient room is allowed for air circulation.
– Cabinets shall be clean and neat. Storage under the sink shall be limited to small or lightweight items to permit access for repairs.
– Sink shall be clean, free of grease and garbage. Please put back into place all dishes, utensils, etc, properly cleaned after use.
– Trash/garbage shall be stored in a covered container until removed to the collection containers.
– Cooking oils or grease shall not be disposed of down the kitchen drain.
– The kitchen includes a refrigerator, microwave, coffee and teapot, and limited dishes, glasses, and utensils for light meal preparation. Please clean up after yourself.
– There is a dedicated laundry area for houseguest use only.
THE SWIMMING POOL
– The pool is at your disposal from 08h00 until 20h00.
– Guests may use the pool on their on risk;
_ No glass utensils or glasses around the pool area;
– No children are allowed near the pool without adult supervision;
– Keep the pool area neat and clean at all times;
– Keep noise level at the pool area low as other guests rooms are situated directly above/around the pool;
– If you’re part of a group stay, try to maintain occupancy time & rate at acceptable levels as the other guests may also want to enjoy the pool.
BARBECUE / GARDEN AREA
– Keep the barbecue area clean. After use leave it as you’ve found it;
– Keep garden clean and use the bins provided to discard waste;
– Never leave the barbecue unattended once it has been lit;
– Keep children and pets away from the barbecue area. Consider a three-foot “kid-free zone” around the barbecue;
Pets are not allowed on the premises.
– We will hold you responsible for any damage or loss caused to our property by your acts or omissions, default, accident or neglect. By booking with us you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand an amount reasonably required to make good or to rectify such damage or loss caused by you. Normal wear and tear are excluded.
– Please report any accidents or incidents to the guest house management in connection with any property damage.
– Pelican Accommodation cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents the guest house from fulfilling its obligation to guests. However, the guest house will take necessary steps to minimize disruption and discomfort to guests under these conditions:
* Unanticipated interruption to electricity, water, sewage to and from the guest house;
* Industrial actions, civil uprising or criminal activity;
* Fire, frost, flooding, wind or any other force major event.
Because we have several guests, we ask you to respect each other concerning cleanliness of the common areas and noise level. If we receive complaints, you will be given a warning. Further complaints are subject to the termination of stay. We reserve the right to end a reservation if a guest becomes a disturbance/nuissance to others including management.
Please respect the house and its occupants.
– The owners of BlueOcean Guesthouse are dedicated to the protection of our planets resources and would encourage our guests to help us by:
* Switching off lights when not in use;
* Ensuring that taps are always turned off after use;
* Avoiding the unnecessary use of towels – just use what you need!;
* We will sort the recyclable rubbish collected from guest rooms i.e. paper, plastic, metal and glass;
* We thank you in advance for your comprehension and co-operation.